Want to work with us?
Partner with us
If your organisation would like to partner with us on a particular project, please get in touch. We'd love to hear from you about potential opportunities to work with local organisations and teams.
Join our team
Any current vacancies are listed below. If you have any questions please get in touch.
TITLE: Engagement and Communications Officer, Healthwatch Hammersmith & Fulham
ACCOUNTABILITY: Healthwatch Hammersmith & Fulham Operations Manager
SALARY SCALE: £11.05 per hour
HOURS: Part-time, 15 hours
LOCATION: Hammersmith & Fulham Office, 141-143 King Street, Hammersmith, W6 9JG
HOLIDAYS: 15 days, plus 8 statutory days, pro rata
Hammersmith and Fulham Council has commissioned Your Voice in Health & Social Care (YVHSC) to deliver Healthwatch Hammersmith & Fulham. The role of Healthwatch is to represent and champion the health and social care needs and experiences of adults and children in the borough, ensuring that health and social care services meet the needs of residents and remain fit-for-purpose. We do this through a series of research and engagement methods, including research projects, enter and views and face to face patient engagement in health services.
MAIN PURPOSE OF THE JOB
The successful candidate will develop and deliver a programme of online and offline engagement, reaching out to all communities in the borough, with a particular focus on those that may be seldom heard.
They will raise awareness of the role that Healthwatch has to play, working with community groups, forums and seldom heard communities to seek feedback on health and social care services and issues, as well as informing residents of our current and previous work. They will use our online platforms and utilise these channels of communication so we can provide information and signposting advice to a wider audience.
The successful candidate will have strong experience of communication and marketing. They will be competent and have experience in using a range of digital platforms including social media platforms. They will have a can-do attitude, be passionate about making a difference and able to demonstrate an approach to work that is proactive, uses initiative, effective planning and time management to problem solve and achieve targets and deadlines.
- To build relationships with voluntary and community organisations.
- Manage the development of Healthwatch Hammersmith & Fulham’s digital presence within the borough through social networking platforms including Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.
- To attend and take part in community events, informing residents in the borough of our current and previous work.
- To stay up to date with local, regional and national issues relating to health and social care.
- To be aware of organisations, networks and providers of health and social care information and services.
- To signpost the public to appropriate health, social care, complaints and advocacy services on request.
- To train and support volunteers to undertake engagement work.
Please note all roles will require a DBS check.
To apply please send your CV and a covering letter addressing the person specification to: Carleen Duffy: firstname.lastname@example.org